Friday, April 6, 2007

Why is Friday good?

I just finished a Good Friday service at the church. Basically a service of readings leading up to the crucifixion and death of Jesus. I'm reading the narrator part - which includes prodominantly playing the part of Jesus. I've read these Scriptures literally a thousand times. I've preached and led Bible studies about these texts many times. I've written papers at Regent about it. But tonight, it wasn't technical. And it wasn't complicated.

Jesus loves me. Not a little bit. A lot. Enough to be beaten for something I did. Enough to be left all alone because of me. Enough to be ridiculed and shamed so that I wouldn't have to be. Why is Easter the best day of the year? Because it's MY holiday. It's Jesus dying for ME. It's the power of the resurrection for ME. If that's not amazing, nothing is.

No comments: