Sunday, July 29, 2007

A real man can...

...admit when he's wrong.

Robin Mark has come and gone. But once again, I thoroughly enjoyed his concert. Kevin and I were joking before the concert that he'll probably sit down with me at dinner and say, "well Chris, I read your blog." That would've sucked.

I'm still not sure that his music is me but I appreciate who he is and what he did this weekend. Simply put, he allowed himself to be used by God to bless the Valley. He could've gone for more cash. Or more prestige than Duncan. He was tired and could've just taken a break. Or gave a half-hearted effort since we wouldn't have really known anyways. But he didn't. He played his heart out not for one show but for 2, 2.5 hour shows in one day. He was flexible with his song selection and even gave the spotlight to a 10 year old girl to dance not once but twice.

What is most impressive isn't his music. It's who he is. Just a simple man trying to live for God. Make a difference in the world for Him. There is no doubt he's talented and gifted as a guitarist, singer, preacher - but his ministry to me wasn't those things. It was the man inside.

I never got to know the Gaither's. But never once in my life did I ever think I would want to be like them. I'd be proud to be known as someone with half the integrity that Robin Mark showed this weekend.

No comments: