Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Driving

I counted 5 speed traps from Mill Bay to Victoria just in the direction I was travelling! 5 cops! Crazy money grab.

I've never heard anyone call me a slow driver. I've slowed down over the years. I no longer can do UVIC to Nanaimo in 47 minutes (my record) but I'm still more at home in Vancouver or in the States.

So today when a guy was riding my tail going over the Hat, I was pretty choked. I was going good and this guy was trying to pass me on solid doubles and stuff and then honking when he wasn't succeeding. I wasn't speeding up on him but I wasn't exactly going to slow down and let the jerk get his way either. So when the passing lane comes up and he passes me going at least 140-150, I faught every urge to give the finger. After all, it could have been someone I know! But turns out I didn't so he got the bird up first.

A minute later, cop comes flying out and hunts this jerk down.

Enjoy your ticket buddy. Sorry you're $500 out. Guess what? I beat you home too.

No comments: