Thursday, May 17, 2007

Your MSN name

Why do people post private messages as part of their MSN name? I have about 75 people on my MSN list from all different places and parts of my life - some from work, friends, family, friends of friends, hockey or volleyball people. Do I really want them all to know:

Chris - Why don't you just call me? I miss my little pumpkin. :( or
Chris - I'm so mad I'm gonna @#*&$@ and party!

OK. You're sad. But I don't know you and don't really want to know about how pathetic you feel. It's more pathetic that you are telling everyone on your list. Second, for some people on my list, I'm your pastor. If you're going to do E on the weekend, at least hide it from me so I don't know FOR SURE why you weren't at church. And while I know you probably curse like a sailor when I'm not around, I don't really want to picture how dumb you sound.

So here's a tip. If you are mad and don't want people to MSN you, instead of telling everyone to F off, try NOT LOGGING IN. Then no one knows you're there. No one will message you. If you are sad and miss someone, call them and hang out. Unless it's me you miss, I'm not going to make it better! And if you're gonna get wasted at a party, don't tell me cause next time you see my MSN name, it might read:

Chris - Jenny in the youth group is going to have a big house party, get wasted and probably sleep with her boyfriend while her parents are away.

And your parents are probably on my MSN list.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Awesome; love it! :)

Signed,
"Kevin - my pastor smells funny!"