Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Obviously this was from a month ago in Newport Beach...

Walking along the boardwalk every day was by far, the best part of every day.  Warm, fresh pastry in my hand with a cup of coffee - the brisk, cold morning air - sounds of surf - sunshine on my face...

Irony is that I spent most of my time looking to my left (at the houses) and not my right (the beautiful beach).  The people that I saw walking were doing the same thing.  Looking and talking about the nice houses rather than the beach.  It's strange because the reason that the houses ARE so expensive and nice is because of where it's located - and yet, looking into many of the living rooms, the couches face away from the beach and towards a large TV. 

I could repeat my whole last post about man-made vs. God made things but I won't.  What I will say is that looking left causes me to envy and become dissatisfied with what I have.  Looking right causes me to marvel and unable to believe that I'm able to be there to enjoy it.  Which is better?  Hmm....

No comments: