Thursday, July 31, 2008

When it's just not meant to be

In March, I usually start getting excited because at the first sight of warmth and sunshine, I start to look ahead to the Whistler August long volleyball tournament. There isn't a week that goes by that I'm not promoting it in some way with anyone that will listen. After the event, I am talking about it until October when everyone around me is tired of the stories and the weather settles into the grey BC rain we're used to.

On Tuesday this week, I found out the forecast was for 80% rain. On Wednesday morning, I found out the Sea to Sky highway will be closed for the long weekend and the only alternative is to go the long way around. On Wednesday night, I sprained my ankle again and can't really walk.

I get the message. No Whistler this weekend. :(

No comments: