Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The end of an era

Life doesn't progress in a linear fashion. There are days/weeks/years that move along with very little change and then there are some that change drastically. My life has probably changed more in the past month than the past five years. Here's some reasons why: (i'll elaborate next time)

-After 11 years in a denomination, I'm done and moving on. (by far the longest anywhere - for those that were counting, I had 8 in a Baptist, 4 in an Anglican).

-After having student loans for the past 14 years, I've paid them off!

-After running away from Victoria and loving being out of the fishbowl, I'm back there again! (and loving it)

-After being employed for the past 20 years (and sometimes VERY employed), I'm unemployed and just staying home with the kids all summer!

-While I've given up some debts, I've picked up others such as a house I'll be paying off for the next 40 years, a car for the next few, and some expensive reno loans that will probably outlive me.

No comments: