Wednesday, November 2, 2016

It's strange but it took me three walks before I even looked up.  I literally spent hours walking around the lakes just staring at the ground and the immediate steps in front of me.  I suppose that's what everyone does when they walk but today, it struck me that I probably live my life this way as well - just focussed intently on what I'm about to do next making sure that I don't trip up or step in something I shouldn't.  The problem with that approach is that I miss 95% of what's out there.  It took me three days to notice there was more to the tree than the 10 feet I could see looking ahead.  In fact, it could be argued that the best part of the tree, the most beautiful part of the forest - is what's above me - and what I never noticed before today.  Have I missed what God is doing around me - the most beautiful parts of life - because I've failed to look up, look around?

No comments: